FH360 SUMMER CAMP
Open to Teams and Individuals
11am-12:30pm- Registration at Dorms (TBA)
8:45/9pm: Commuter pick up at Field
8:30am - Commuter Drop off at Field
8:45/9pm- Commuter Pick up at Field
Same as 25th
8:30am- Commuter Drop off at Field
11:30/11:45am: Camp Ends- Commuter Pick up from Field
FH360 Team: Led by ODU Head Coach and Olympian Andrew Griffiths, along with a staff of experienced International and NCAA Coaches - the camp focuses on a complete approach to the Team Game of Field Hockey. This includes technical skills, decision-making in groups and game-related situations, sports psychology components, goal-setting and video. The Goalkeeping Curriculum is designed and taught by Amy Tran-Swensen, 2-time USA Olympian and World Goalkeeper of the Year.
We encourage Coaches to attend camp with their players/teams, to work with their team and discuss and develop ideas from other coaches. Current ODU players will assist with coaching teams, participating in exercises and games.
TEAM CAMP FORMAT WILL INCLUDE
- Motivational exercises and competitions prior to sessions
- Full-field game play and tournament competition
- Small Conditional Game competition
- Video observation and exercises – identifying and analyzing skills and team concepts
- Team Challenges & Team-Building Exercises
- Goal-setting and review for team and individual
TRAINING MODULES WILL ALSO INCLUDE INSTRUCTION OF TECHNICAL SKILLS
EXAMPLES OF TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Footwork and follow-through of passing technique
- 3D passing, receiving, playing the game in the air AND on the ground
- Grip-changing exercises
- Deflections (grips, angles, creativity)
- Playing the game at HIGH SPEED!
- International hitting skill techniques and differences
- Shooting: fundamentals and improvisation
If you are flying in and need to be picked up/dropped off at the airport for camp, please contact Natalie Barrett: 330-389-3173. firstname.lastname@example.org
July 24 - 27
460Loading... Coming Soon Registration Closed
July 24 - 27
340Loading... Coming Soon Registration Closed
Open to any and all participants
*Deposit of $150 to hold a spot at camp is non refundable.
*Credit card processing fee is non-refundable
If a cancellation is made prior to 7 days/1 week before the first day of camp, a refund will be given for any amount paid, except for the $150 deposit.
Because deposits and guaranteed numbers must be provided to the University 7 days prior to the first day of camp, any cancellation within 7 days/1 week of camp will receive a refund for the amount paid, minus $200 to cover room, board, and camper fees.